I have created a new feature, a monthly Best Online Short Stories list so welcome to the first edition.
This is a list of the best short stories I’ve read in the past month. These stories were published online, though some may also have been published in a print journal or e-zine. These online stories represent excellent work, often by new writers, and I simply wish them well and a wider audience.
If you read something great this month, share it.
- The Dead Father Cookbook by Ashley Booms
Ashley Bloom: http://www.ashleyblooms.com/
A creepy story that may say too much about me in the fact I thought it was fun.
- What if I Fall by Anne Dafeta
Anne Dafeta: https://ajdafeta.wordpress.com/
The tension and pacing are very well done.
- Ten Thousand Sleeping Beauties by Jocelyn Koehler
Jocelyn Koehler: http://www.teamblood.org
A thoughtful, poignant tale with big themes in a small space.
Each of these stories are by writers without long publishing credentials but they are all strong writers with excellent voices.
Other good stories for July 2017
- Birds on an Island by Charlie Bookout
- The Voice of the People by Alison Moore
- The Hidden by Melissa Pleckham