While I have the Goodreads widget on the sidebar listing what I’m reading, it really doesn’t show how I’m organizing the reading of my books, or why I might have chosen them, or the order in which I’m reading them. So besides the Current Reading widget, here’s a list of what’s up next:
- A Stranger in London, by Sofia Samatar because I want her lyricism and surreal take on things in my near subconscious as I work on both the debut’s edits and the next novel. I’ll probably start this as soon as I’m finished with Everfair.
- God, the Moon, and Other Megafauna, by Kellie Wells. A short, surreal book I discovered at the library.
- Oremshadow, by Priya Sharma. I’ve been hearing good things about this book, and it also seems to have a similar sensibility to both my debut and my next book.
- Unpacking the Boxes, by Donald Hall. I’m really enjoying the Selected Poems of Donald Hall and will follow that up with this one.
- Genius Loci, by Alison Hawthorne Deming. Another book of poetry.
- The Book of Sand and Shakespeare’s Memory, by Jorge Luis Borges. Borges just gets my creative juices going.
- Cloud Atlas, by David Mitchell. I started reading this during my last round of edits on my novel and just as with Samatar, I want Mitchell’s prose and storytelling in my near subconscious for the two books I’m working on.
I’d like to find a simple widget or a way to display this list, but for now a simple blog post will have to do.
What’s on your TBR list and how did it get there?